Sunday Mornings at 10 am
• Coffee hour after each worship.
• Communion the first Sunday of the month.
By God's Grace, West Parish Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, is committed to nurturing and celebrating God's love in our lives, in the Church family, the community and in the world.
*Check out Jane's incredible photos of WPCC LIFE: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=103492811860763079395&target=ALBUM&id=6057576616211211617&authkey=Gv1sRgCKGx4J3TpqrLeg&feat=email
There is also a box for WARM COATS, ETC. FOR KIDS, a program of the Telstar students.
Friday, February 9 ~ Pot Luck Dinner to hear missionary from Turkey, Allison
Greetings Friends! I’d like to invite you all as church family to pursue some active Lenten ‘Good Works!’ I think it would be neat if we could all quietly and steadily pursue these activities together. I’ve included dates for each week of each activity.
1. Who Needs Thanks? Write a person, make a call, enjoy a face-to-face contact giving personal thanks to someone who has been/is a positive gift in your life. 3/8/15
2. Who needs an apology? Enjoy the gift of grace that comes with a heartfelt apology. If possible apologize face-to-face. It might be possible to find some healing if you could apologize to your own-self! 3 15/15
3. Who needs forgiveness? What would help your heart to heal today? See if you can spend some gentle time/effort/prayer to forgive someone. IF at all possible … express your forgiveness in some concrete way. Face-to-face, in a phone call, or in
written fashion. 3/22/15
4. Fast from complaining! When you feel a frustration or complaint beginning to leak out, erupt, bloom, or blossom … stop gently! Reframe. Image a point/position of joy and Celebrate something good instead! 3/29/15
5. Actively Pursue/Do a ‘Random Act of Kindness.’ Who needs help? Lend a hand/ a gift, or a physical presence to a ‘mission situation.” 4/5/15
6. If you have other ideas for ‘Doing Something Extra’ during the remaining weeks of Lent please share them and we’ll get the word out during our Prayer Time each Sunday at worship.
Lenten Blessings to ALL! Remember God’s Grace Sings to All God’s Creation! Thanks Pastor Dick.
Church Office Hours:
Thurs. & Fri., 9:30 - 4:30
Summer Hours: Thurs. 9:30 - 3:30
We are a church dedicated to extending Jesus' welcome to every person. Our mood is hopeful, our spirit is uplifting. As we gather to sing hymns from our rich heritage, to pray for healing of people and the earth, and to hear an inspiring message from our pastor, we are thankful for our legacy and for Christ's call to lovingly serve God and neighbor. In response to that call, we cheerfully support both global and local outreach to people in need.
West Parish Congregational Church was organized in 1796, and is the oldest continuing institution in the Town of Bethel, after the town itself. The current historic meetinghouse building on Church Street was originally built in 1847.
Interim Minister ~ Reverend Richard L. Bennett
207-824-2688 Pastor's Office
Associate Pastor of Outreach ~ Rev. Robert Ross Ph.D., M.Div.
Grace-Street Ministry, Portland, Maine
207-824-2689 Church Office