Sunday Mornings at 10 am
• Coffee hour after each worship.
• Communion the first Sunday of the month.
By God's Grace, West Parish Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, is committed to nurturing and celebrating God's love in our lives, in the Church family, the community and in the world.
Sunday ~ 29th ~ Palm Sunday ~ worship returns to sanctuary
Wednesday ~ April 1: 5 p.m. Choir practice; 6 p.m. Tennebrae Service at Methodist Church
Thursday ~ April 2 ~ 6 p.m. Seder Dinner
Sunday ~ April 5 ~ EASTER!!!
*Check out Jane's incredible photos of WPCC LIFE: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=103492811860763079395&target=ALBUM&id=6057576616211211617&authkey=Gv1sRgCKGx4J3TpqrLeg&feat=email
The first Sunday in April is Easter ~ COMMUNION WILL BE CELEBRATED APRIL 12TH
+Peace that Jesus gives is not the absence of trouble, but is rather the confidence that He is there with you always.
Safety consists not in the absence of danger but in the presence of God.
+So, Peace is a fruit that comes from the tree of love that Christ gives ~ it is fruited with wisdom, pruned with virtue, watered with forgiveness producing the sweet fruits of “compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience”.
SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
* A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
* An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
* A loss of interest in judging other people.
* A loss of interest in judging self.
* A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
* A loss of interest in conflict.
* A loss of ability to worry (this is a very serious symptom).
* Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
* Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
* Frequent attacks of smiling.
* An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
* An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
Remember God’s Grace Sings to All God’s Creation! Hear the Music!
Church Office Hours:
Thurs. & Fri., 9:30 - 4:30
Summer Hours: Thurs. 9:30 - 3:30
We are a church dedicated to extending Jesus' welcome to every person. Our mood is hopeful, our spirit is uplifting. As we gather to sing hymns from our rich heritage, to pray for healing of people and the earth, and to hear an inspiring message from our pastor, we are thankful for our legacy and for Christ's call to lovingly serve God and neighbor. In response to that call, we cheerfully support both global and local outreach to people in need.
West Parish Congregational Church was organized in 1796, and is the oldest continuing institution in the Town of Bethel, after the town itself. The current historic meetinghouse building on Church Street was originally built in 1847.
Interim Minister ~ Reverend Richard L. Bennett
207-824-2688 Pastor's Office
Associate Pastor of Outreach ~ Rev. Robert Ross Ph.D., M.Div.
Grace-Street Ministry, Portland, Maine
207-824-2689 Church Office